Soul Nuggets From The Apostles
Apostles Lawrence E. & Dr. Sandra Powell
Soul Care Full Gospel Center
Commerce City, Colorado
FIVE REASONS” FOR FAMILY PRAYER!!
BELOVEDS, HERE ARE FIVE REASONS FOR CORPORATE FAMILY PRAYER…And ‘don’t ever’ have a holiday or holy day dinner or bar-b-que (or even a birthday gathering) without calling the family together to PRAY:
1) YOU ARE SETTING A PATTERN, “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not turn from it” (Proverbs 22:6). Family devotions will not become rote without real meaning if you will pray by the leading of the Holy Spirit. Remember, Satan will do whatever he can to discourage you from regular family devotions….Stay focus!!
2) YOU YOURSELF, FATHER OR MOTHER (GRAND PARENTS, AUNTIE/UNCLE, ETC), ARE A MODEL FOR YOUR CHILDREN IN THIS MATTER OF PRAYER! Who will be most apt to establish a family altar in his or her home: the one who customarily had such an experience when he or she was growing up, or the one who did not? You can answer this question. . .
3) YOUR FAMILY DESPERATELY NEEDS THIS DAILY SPIRITUAL MEETING WITH GOD! From morning to evening, your kids are bombarded with non-Christian values!! You and your spouse are not spared from Satanic attack, either!! Isaiah’s affirmation to God is still wonderfully true: “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You, God! (Isaiah 26:3)
4) YOUR CHILDREN NEED TO KNOW THAT GOD ANSWERS PRAYER!! If you approach these daily devotional times seriously and not haphazardly or flippantly, those children God has entrusted to your care are going to see that God means what He says: He answers prayer!!! And He also inspired the psalmist who said, “The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple!” (Psalm 119:130)
5) WHEN THE TIME COMES FOR YOUR CHILDREN TO BEGIN A DAILY QUIET TIME OF THEIR OWN—-a very important transition point in their lives—-the family altar experience will serve them as a good launching pad and a good pattern for them to follow!!!